Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Incorporation - Bringing Into the Body

Today is the first time since returning home that I've been able to go, alone, into the land, into the woods, and be.

To think about where I am, today, and where this new year might take me. To think about where I've been, and how to bring that inside me. In the desert we spoke of this, of incorporation, of digesting the lessons and the learning, of the slow unstoppable seep of growth. I kept the walkabout sun shining on my skin and in front of my eyes for two months, carried floating, glad and full. Now my sunny skin is fading, and my eyes are full of the simple white of winter, and I am learning to wear this sun within.

This is a thing I know: I will be comfortable in any house. With a bus pass and a water bottle I am confident in any city. With a backpack and any vehicle I will find adventure. And when I step outside all these, into air and rock and the fragrant living world, I am free.