Friday, August 5, 2011

Some Things I Know For Sure

1. Madison is home, and when I am here I am home, home, home without question. At home moving through these streets and grasses, the layers of memories and familiarities so thick it's like a dense white noise relieving the twitch of my reptile-survival brain. So easy to be here, building edifice against boredom becomes the lifestyle of choice, and I do my days gathering resources to do my nights of constructing more awesome.

2. Full-impact living for me, please. For the past couple of months, I've kept myself busy. Really busy, 11-hour-doing days, full-time-job-then-4-more-hours, "it's not an obsession, it's a community art project" busy. I've loved it. It's well and truly kicked my ass. And I've made beautiful things, big and impressive things, felt enormous emotions, deepened my insight into the intersections of synesthesia and empathy, forged closesness and love, and moved about so thoroughly my body is every cell comfortable. I started keeping myself busy to keep my mindself occupied and keep doubt at bay. Somewhere in there, I got pulled up short and slapped with a reminder that Power must be met with Presence. You are a bright light for reminding me I am always playing for keeps, darling, thanks.

3. I am moving towards the awesome. What started out as joking mantra has become concrete compass-rose, a real guiding star. A real, simple decoder-ring decision-making strategy: Does the thing in front of me move me towards the awesome? Yes? Okay, let's do. No? No thanks, nothing doing. I move towards what makes me happy, as often as I can, in word and action. Simple as that. Good work, good food, interesting conversation, kind people, more experiences. Moving this way also brings me towards Success, and Health, and Home -- in the inner-world-is-strong-and-well-lit sense of the word.

4. I don't always need to be home.